Why NSE?

 I chose NSE because it was a great opportunity for me to travel and gain new experiences while studying away without having to go abroad. It also gave me the opportunity to find schools with my major (exercise science) which I could not find with study abroad. There were three school in NSE that had my major a school in Alabama, a school in Massachusetts, and the one I chose Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Colorado. I decided to go to CMU because I wanted to leave the south east and I love the outdoors and mountains so I knew I would have a great time, although I am still not prepared for how cold it is gonna be. My application to NSE was basically on a whim though, I found out, applied, and did all my paperwork the weekend right before it was all due. It was a bit of a scramble to try and get it all done, but I figured that if I could finish it all and get accepted in that short of a timeframe then it was meant to be. Over the past nine months or so now I have been preparing to go on exchange by registering for classes that I will take there and more recently trying to find a place to live. Signing up for classes was basically the same set up as USC so I did not have any troubles figuring out how to do it, but I am still crossing my fingers that I can get into a class that I got put on a waiting list for. The biggest stressor I have had has definitely been trying to find a place to live. Originally I planned on living with some people that I know through my church, but that did not work out so then I had to find an apartment for myself that was not crazy expensive. Thankfully I was recently able to find a studio apartment that works. Now most of my preparation is trying to update my wardrobe so I do not freeze to death.

Comments

  1. Hey Nic!

    This is AEPC Camryn :) That is crazy that you did all of your paperwork for NSE in one weekend, very impressive! I actually did NSE myself two years ago and went on exchange to the University of the Virgin Islands - St. Thomas. What’s funny is my roommate in St. Thomas was another NSE student, and she was on exchange from Colorado Mesa University! She would always tell me about CMU, and it always sounded like such a cool school to me. I had an amazing experience with NSE, and I’m positive you will too. I’m glad you were able to find a studio apartment, and I hope you were able to get into that class as well as pack some winter coats to keep you warm out there. I can’t wait to read more about your exchange this semester!

    -Camryn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week of March 14

Arches National Park

Week of March 1st